Recipe by katew
Adapted from the Womens Weekly - a 2007 edition
Top Review by **Mandy**
I did a half batch of these and these are so yummy, now I can'tr stop eating. A great way to use up a stock pile of jam..I used raspberry this time but can't wait to try it with other flavours..I used half brown sugar half raw sugar as I was running low on brown and all worked fine...Thanks for posting!
- 250 g melted butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2 1⁄2 cups self raising flour
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup jam, use more if needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven 180°C.
- Grease 2 pans 19cm x 29cm.
- Line trays with baking paper.
- Combine butter,sugar, eggs and essence in large bowl.
- Add sifted flour and oats and mix well.
- Divide mixture into 3 equal portions.
- Press 1 portion over base of one tray.
- Repeat with 2nd portion over base of 2nd tray.
- Heat jam and spread over the 2 bases.
- Crumble remaining mix over jam in both trays.
- Bake 30 minutes or till browned, cool in pans.