Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Here is an easy, delicious, attractive make ahead breakfast bread. You assemble and refrigerate it the day before. Bake it while you do something else like during your morning shower:) The hardest thing is finding refrigerator space to store it overnight. It is a very popular staff treat.
- 118.29 ml warm water
- 7.08 g package yeast
- 591.47 ml biscuit mix
- 1 beaten egg
- 14.79 ml white sugar
- 226.79 g cream cheese
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 59.14 ml raspberry jelly
- In a small mixing bowl dissolve yeast in the warm water.
- Stir in biscuit mix. Add beaten egg and sugar. Mix well.
- Turn onto floured surface. Knead. Place dough on the center of greased cookie sheet or parchment paper. Roll to 14x9-inch rectangle.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, and lemon juice. Spread this mixture down the center third of rectangle.
- Make 3" long cuts at 1" intervals on both sides of bread dough. To make braided effect, fold sides at an angle over the cream cheese filling.
- Cover. Chill in refrigerator overnight.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of raspberry jelly down the center of the loaf. Bake 5 minutes longer.
Very good and very unique but felt it could use more jam either incorporated or as just added on the side. A nice brunch item.
This is very simple to make although I forgot to cover it when I placed it in the fridge which may account for it not rising, but it's delicious none-the-less. Made exactly as directed. A scrumptious brunch item. Thanks for posting. :)