Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Shredded pork roast, Mexican spices, pinto beans and green chilies inside warm tortillas, with lettuce, sour cream, etc. YUM! This is a crock pot recipe so you'll have a delicious one-dish meal with next to no effort. You can also season and pre-bake the pork roast; shred it and add it to the crockpot mixture...cooking time will need to be reduced to about 3 hours as the mixture really only needs to be heated through. It's just as good with the canned pinto beans so don't hesitate to try that version.
- 3 lbs pork roast
- 16 ounces dried pinto beans (pre-soak and cook) or 4 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 4 ounces green chilies (canned)
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 onion, chopped
- Soak beans before cooking, if using dried beans. Otherwise, mix spices together and rub on pork roast and place in crock pot that has been lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Add beans and chopped onion. Cover and cook on low about 5 hours. Shred the pork roast and add back to the bean mixture.
- Serve with cooked tortillas (or chips), sour cream, taco sauce & black olives. Cheese optional.
This was particularly good! The whole family loved this recipe and we plan on making it a regular part of our meal rotations. Although next time I will use half the salt as it was a bit salty for us.