Recipe by Auntie Mags
A rich piquant sauce to pair with grilled chicken or pork. An authentic Mexican tradition.
- 1 cup tequila
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke, hickory flavored
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium saucepan, add all ingredients and bring to a slow boil over medium-high heat on stovetop, stirring frequently.
- Turn heat down to low and simmer uncovered until thickened slightly, approximately 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Use as a wet sauce for last 15 minutes of grilling for chicken or pork roasts.