1/1 Photo of Jalisco Jericalla
1 hr 5 mins
A cross between flan and creme brulee, this is a rich dessert originating in Jalisco, Mexico. Posted from an online source in response to a recipe request. Refrigeration time not included in preparation time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring milk and cinnamon sticks to a boil in a saucepan, stirring constantly so as not to scorch.
- 2Reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes, add vanilla.
- 3Remove from heat; cool.
- 4Stir in sugar, and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat and cool.
- 6Meanwhile, beat egg yolks and add to cooled milk mixture.
- 7Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 8Divide mixture among 8 heat-resistant dessert dishes or ramekins.
- 9Bake in a water bath (bain marie) for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of custard comes out clean.
- 10Brown under broiler for 3 to 5 minutes or until tops are golden or use a Crème Brûlée torch.
- 11Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 12Un-mold onto dessert plates.
- 13If you wish, you can garnish the plates with a raspberry sauce, a few fresh raspberries and a sprig of mint.
Nutritional Facts for Jalisco Jericalla
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.0
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 191.6 mg
- Sodium 97.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 37.5 g
- Protein 8.4 g