Recipe by KristinV
I couldn't find a Jalfrezi Paste in the supermarket so I found this recipe for one online
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cm ginger
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 fresh green chili
- fresh coriander (small bunch)
Directions See How It's Made
- First peel the garlic and ginger.
- Put a frying pan on a medium to high heat and add the spices for toasting to the dry pan. (Cumin, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and coriander seeds)
- Lightly toast them for a few minutes until golden brown and smelling delicious, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the toasted spices to a pestle and mortar and grind until fine, or put them into a food processor and whizz to a powder.
- Either way, when you've ground them, whizz the toasted spices in a food processor with the rest of the ingredients until you have a smooth paste.