Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is made with chicken but you can make it equally as well with shrimp
Make and share this Jalfrezi recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon mustard oil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tikka masala
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 small red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 lb cooked chicken, chopped
- Heat the mustard oil in a large, heavy-bottomed skillet over high heat for 1 minute, or until it begins to smoke.
- Add the vegetable oil, reduce the heat, and add the onion and garlic.
- Cook for 10 minutes, or until golden.
- Add the tomato paste, chopped tomatoes, turmeric, chili powder, tikka masala, and vinegar to the skillet.
- Stir the mixture until fragrant.
- Add the bell pepper and stir for an additional 2 minutes or until the bell pepper is softened.
- Stir in the chicken.
- Simmer gently for 8 minutes until the chicken is heated through
- Serve with rice if desired.