Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 500 g refined flour
- 200 g oil
- 250 ml milk
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon ajwain
- oil (to fry)
- Sieve flour with salt into a flat dish.
- Pour the milk and some water and knead to a smooth dough.
- Cover with cloth and set aside for 1 hour.
- Knock back the dough, add the vanaspati, ajwain and crushed fennel seeds and knead well till the dough is soft.
- Make 12-15 balls and keep aside covered with a wet cloth for 1 hour.
- Roll out into a disc about 5 inches in diameter, layer with oil and dust with some flour.
- Cut a radius and keeping the centre as pivot, roll into a cone.
- Cut the top of the cone and insert at the back.
- Flatten the dough with your palm to make a pedha.
- Repeat for all the others, dust with flour, separate by butter or brown paper and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Shallow fry fry on a tawa till golden brown and serve hot.