Prep 24 hrs
Cook 30 mins
- 200 g all-purpose flour (maida)
- 20 g gram flour (besan)
- 200 g sugar
- 3 drops yellow food coloring
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ghee, to deep fry
- Sieve 100 gms.
- maida and besan together.
- Make a batter using warn water.
- Keep aside for 24 hours.
- Add remaining maida and food colour and more warm water if required.
- The batter should fall easily when poured- Not too thick not too thin.
- Keep aside.
- Make syrup of the sugar by adding water and boiling.
- Add the milk and all the scum to form while boiling.
- Make one string syrup.
- Fill bottle with batter.
- The nozzle should have a hole the thickness of a knitting needle.
- Heat ghee well in a shallow frying pan and form jalebis in the form of concentric circles about 2 inches on the outside.
- Fry till crisp, drop into hot syrup.
- Drain with a perforated spoon, serve hot.