Recipe by Vicki in CT
Traditional Tex Mex appetizer. From the cookbook, New Texas Cuisine by Stephan Pyles.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 3 ounces chorizo sausage
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 12 jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded (can used jarred or fresh)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in skillet and saute onion and garlic over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until translucent. Add chorizo and cook for five minutes breaking up meat as it cooks.
- When fully cooked remove skillet from heat. Stir in cream cheese and sour cream. Season to taste with salt.
- Spoon into halved jalapenos and serve.