Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Traditional Tex Mex appetizer. From the cookbook, New Texas Cuisine by Stephan Pyles.
Make and share this Jalapenos Stuffed With Chorizo and Cream Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 3 ounces chorizo sausage
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 12 jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded (can used jarred or fresh)
- Heat oil in skillet and saute onion and garlic over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until translucent. Add chorizo and cook for five minutes breaking up meat as it cooks.
- When fully cooked remove skillet from heat. Stir in cream cheese and sour cream. Season to taste with salt.
- Spoon into halved jalapenos and serve.