1/3 Photos of Jalapenos - Bread & Butter Style
These are so good on a sandwich and even on scrambled eggs. The peppers don't feel that hot using this recipe. Recipe modified from a canning booklet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thinly slice jalapenos and onions and cold pack into jars. Use rubber gloves for handling jalapenos.
- 2Place remaining ingredients in large pan and bring to a boil.
- 3Pour hot mixture into jars, over the peppers and onions, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. If you run short of the juice, top with boiling water.
- 4Remove air bubbles by running a knife around the inside of the jars. Adjust caps.
- 5Process 10-minutes in boiling water bath.
- 6Yield: about 5-6 Pints.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapenos - Bread & Butter Style
Serving Size: 1 (3864 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 461.2
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 15.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 103.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.4 g
- Sugars 84.3 g
- Protein 6.6 g