Recipe by Kathy228
These are so good on a sandwich and even on scrambled eggs. The peppers don't feel that hot using this recipe. Recipe modified from a canning booklet.
Top Review by Z,G,L's mom
Made these last summer and the men my DH works with loved them. One even asked if I would give him some to send to his son in Iraq. Said all the soldiers his son shared them with loved them. Getting ready to make them again. Thanks!!
- 4 lbs jalapeno peppers
- 2 lbs onions
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Thinly slice jalapenos and onions and cold pack into jars. Use rubber gloves for handling jalapenos.
- Place remaining ingredients in large pan and bring to a boil.
- Pour hot mixture into jars, over the peppers and onions, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. If you run short of the juice, top with boiling water.
- Remove air bubbles by running a knife around the inside of the jars. Adjust caps.
- Process 10-minutes in boiling water bath.
- Yield: about 5-6 Pints.