Recipe by tina rose
a white cheese dipping sauce served in mexican restaurants
Top Review by Brandess
I made this recipe exactly as written with no deviations. I made this as a dipping sauce for tortilla chips and we loved it so much I decided to make it the next night and use it as a sauce over chicken enchilada's. HOLY SMOKES! Chicken and jalapeno's are a match made in heaven and this delicious sauce did not overpower and cancel out the delicate chicken breast. I will be making this recipe often! I have new plans to use it as a the sauce for a chicken and prosciutto pizza. Thanks, Tina Rose, for such a tasteful and versatile recipe!
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chicken base
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno juice, from bottled jalapeno
- 2 ounces monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- .Heat whipping cream in a heavy saucepan over high heat. When the cream is ready to boil, stir in the sour cream. After sour cream dissolves, reduce heat to medium. Stir in chicken base and jalapeno juice and simmer.
- While cream is heating, make a roux by warming butter in a saucepan over medium heat, adding flour, and mixing with a wire whip until mixture starts to turn pale gold.
- Just before cream mixture is ready to boil again, add roux, whisking briskly and constantly until roux is incorporated. Remove from heat, stir in minced jalapeno and the cheese mixture.