1/1 Photo of Jalapeno Velvet (White Sauce/Dip)
Jeff's Girl Way Out West's Note:
We were served this at a dinner party. The host obtained the recipe from a restaurant I believe is called "Miguel's Cocina". This luscious sauce is perfect as a dip for fresh veggies, tortilla chips or better yet, potato chips! It's also an irresistible topping for baked potatoes. Because it's simply a flavored, upscale white sauce, the sky's the limit here! For chicken base, I use the "paste" type soup base, and also add a pinch of salt to the roux. Adjust the jalapenos and juice to taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat whipping cream in a heavy saucepan over high heat.
- 2When the cream is ready to boil, stir in sour cream.
- 3After sour cream dissolves, reduce heat to medium.
- 4Stir in chicken base and jalapeno juice and simmer.
- 5While cream is heating:.
- 6Make a roux by warming butter in a saucepan over medium heat, adding flour, and mixing with a wire whisk until mixture is smooth and pale gold in color.
- 7Just before cream mixture is ready to boil again, add roux, whisking briskly and constantly until roux is incorporated.
- 8Remove from heat;.
- 9Stir in minced jalapeno and the cheeses.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno Velvet (White Sauce/Dip)
Serving Size: 1 (811 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 727.6
- Calories from Fat 676
- Total Fat 75.1 g
- Saturated Fat 46.4 g
- Cholesterol 254.1 mg
- Sodium 207.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: