We were served this at a dinner party. The host obtained the recipe from a restaurant I believe is called "Miguel's Cocina". This luscious sauce is perfect as a dip for fresh veggies, tortilla chips or better yet, potato chips! It's also an irresistible topping for baked potatoes. Because it's simply a flavored, upscale white sauce, the sky's the limit here! For chicken base, I use the "paste" type soup base, and also add a pinch of salt to the roux. Adjust the jalapenos and juice to taste.
- Heat whipping cream in a heavy saucepan over high heat.
- When the cream is ready to boil, stir in sour cream.
- After sour cream dissolves, reduce heat to medium.
- Stir in chicken base and jalapeno juice and simmer.
- While cream is heating:.
- Make a roux by warming butter in a saucepan over medium heat, adding flour, and mixing with a wire whisk until mixture is smooth and pale gold in color.
- Just before cream mixture is ready to boil again, add roux, whisking briskly and constantly until roux is incorporated.
- Remove from heat;.
- Stir in minced jalapeno and the cheeses.