Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This delicious tuna salad is wonderful served in tomatoes or avocadoes, in a sandwich or with crackers. You may want to add a little more mayo to taste
- 177.44 ml good quality mayonnaise
- 510.29 g water-packed solid albacore tuna, drained
- 59.14 ml celery, chopped fine
- 59.14 ml red onion, chopped fine
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 59.14 ml nacho-style sliced jalapeno, chopped
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a medium mixing bowl place drained tuna and break up with a fork until all the large pieces are broken up.
- Add remaining ingredients and gently mix together.
- Transfer to your serving bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate, to allow flavors to meld.
This a very good Tuna Salad recipe for the spicy lovers. The Jalepenos give it just the right extra ingredient. The smaller that you dice the ingredients and the longer you leave in the fridge before serving the better the flavors meld.
I used this in pita pockets for a quick to fix lunch. I did sub seeded fresh jalapenos instead of jarred and only used two. Loved the cilantro! Thank you for sharing your recipe!
mmm! this was a pretty tasty way to enjoy tuna salad. I loved the zip the jalepenos gave! next time I'll use a little less celery for my personal taste, but all in all, this is a keeper and a great recipe! thanks for sharing it.