Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My version of something I bought at the "health food" section of our nearest market. It is great on dry toasted very thin sliced breads including rye. It is also good on crackers. Spread this thin--it is not egg salad sandwich! Use it like you would if you were just putting a little butter or peanut butter or cream cheese on your toast. If you spread it too thick it will be too salty! You will only like this if you like jalepeno and garlic!
- 1⁄2 cup firm tofu
- 5 large eggs (hard boiled and peeled)
- 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons canned jalapeno peppers (no juice)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon canned garlic (or the kind in jar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon water
- Put all ingredients in food processor (I use my mini-processor for this).
- Blend/Chop until smooth and creamy.
- Should be about as thick as mayonnaise or just a little thinner.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
- Actually tastes better the next day when flavors have blended well and mixture firms up a bit.