Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I like to serve these with a fruit salad.
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 jalapenos, very finely diced (divided so you have 1 1/2peppers for dough and the other half for topping)
- 6 jalapeno seeds, finely chopped, almost to a mash
- Sift 2 1/2 cups flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt into a small bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, with an electric mixer, cream butter and vanilla, adding sugar slowly, beating until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix thoroughly.
- Gradually add flour mixture 1 1/2 peppers and seeds and combine well. If dough seems sticky, gradually add remaining 1/2 cup flour.
- Refrigerate dough at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- Be sure to cover with plastic wrap. Roll dough into balls about the size of walnuts.
- Moisten bottom of glass with water, dip in sugar and press to even thickness.
- Top with a few pieces of jalapeno pepper, press lightly into dough.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from pan and cool.