Jalapeno Steak Sandwiches
- For marinade:.
- In a bowl whisk together garlic, jalapeno peppers, olive oil, lime juice, mustard, and salt.
- Trim fat from meat. With a knife score meat on both sides at 1-inch intervals in diamond pattern. Place meat in a zip-lock plastic bag placed in a shallow dish. Pour marinade over meat; seal bag. Marinate in refrigerator for 4-24 hours.
- Heat a nonstick or well-seasoned grill pan on stovetop over medium heat. Drain meat; discard marinade. Place meat in hot pan. Cook for 14-16 minutes or until steak is medium, turning once halfway through grilling. Carve steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise with chipotle(or chile powder).
- Meanwhile, spread one side of each toast slice with mayonnaise mixture. Place steak, onions, cheese, and cilantro on half the toast slices. Top with remaining slices. Serve with lime wedges.