1/4 Photos of Jalapeno Steak Sandwiches
For all you steak and hot pepper lovers! Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped (leave seeds in or take them out for less heat)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (or use regular salt)
- 1 1/4-1 1/2 lbs beef flank steak
- 12 slices Texas toast thick bread, toasted (or other thick-cut white bread)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile in adobo, minced (or 1 tsp. chile powder)
- 1 red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces queso fresco, crumbled (or farmer cheese)
- fresh cilantro stem (or parsley)
- lime wedge
- 1For marinade:.
- 2In a bowl whisk together garlic, jalapeno peppers, olive oil, lime juice, mustard, and salt.
- 3Trim fat from meat. With a knife score meat on both sides at 1-inch intervals in diamond pattern. Place meat in a zip-lock plastic bag placed in a shallow dish. Pour marinade over meat; seal bag. Marinate in refrigerator for 4-24 hours.
- 4Heat a nonstick or well-seasoned grill pan on stovetop over medium heat. Drain meat; discard marinade. Place meat in hot pan. Cook for 14-16 minutes or until steak is medium, turning once halfway through grilling. Carve steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- 5In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise with chipotle(or chile powder).
- 6Meanwhile, spread one side of each toast slice with mayonnaise mixture. Place steak, onions, cheese, and cilantro on half the toast slices. Top with remaining slices. Serve with lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno Steak Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 555.3
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 53.2 mg
- Sodium 974.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 31.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo