24 hrs 6 mins
This spread takes a little extra time - you'll want to let it refrigerate to let the flavors blend, but it's well-worth the time! :)
My Private Note
cup, ap ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 green onion
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 pickled jalapeno pepper, chopped (or less, to taste)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces plain goat cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream or 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- 2Using a metal pie plate, place the pine nuts, chili powder, and cumin in the center of the plate.
- 3Bake in preheated oven for about 6 minutes or until spices are fragrant and begin to darken (careful not to burn!); let cool completely.
- 4Place the green onion, garlic, and cilantro in a food processor and whir until chopped.
- 5Add the jalapeno and the nut/spice mixture and whir until nuts are chopped.
- 6Add the cream cheese, goat cheese, sour cream or yogurt, and lime juice and whir until blended.
- 7Place in covered container and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, but the longer you can leave it before serving the better- 24 hours is preferred.
- 8Scrape spread into a serving bowl and serve with raw veggies (celery, cauliflower, broccoli, endive, carrot, etc).
- 9Makes about 1 cup.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno Spread
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 988.2
- Calories from Fat 832
- Total Fat 92.5 g
- Saturated Fat 45.8 g
- Cholesterol 194.8 mg
- Sodium 1058.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 28.6 g