Prep 24 hrs
Cook 6 mins
This spread takes a little extra time - you'll want to let it refrigerate to let the flavors blend, but it's well-worth the time! :)
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 green onion
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 pickled jalapeno pepper, chopped (or less, to taste)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces plain goat cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream or 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Using a metal pie plate, place the pine nuts, chili powder, and cumin in the center of the plate.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 6 minutes or until spices are fragrant and begin to darken (careful not to burn!); let cool completely.
- Place the green onion, garlic, and cilantro in a food processor and whir until chopped.
- Add the jalapeno and the nut/spice mixture and whir until nuts are chopped.
- Add the cream cheese, goat cheese, sour cream or yogurt, and lime juice and whir until blended.
- Place in covered container and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, but the longer you can leave it before serving the better- 24 hours is preferred.
- Scrape spread into a serving bowl and serve with raw veggies (celery, cauliflower, broccoli, endive, carrot, etc).
- Makes about 1 cup.