Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
a quick and tasty addition to any meal...simple ingredients...quick to prepare and adds plenty of color to the table !! this is one of tried and true dishes....
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 5 ounces mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chiopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons minced pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1 1⁄4 cups jalapeno juice
- 5 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- butter a casserole dish and preheat to 350 -- melt the butter in a sauce pan and lightly saute the mushrooms.onion.and jalapeno until soft.
- place the spinach on top of this mixture.and cook for a few minutes to wilt the spinach.
- stir the soup into the spinach mix.stir the cheese in -- add to the casserole dish and top it with your crumbs.
- you can add more jalapeno juice if desired for extra zip !
- bakes for 25 minutes or until nice and bubbly -- great warm or cold !