Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This will warm your tummy on a cold day!
- 1 1⁄2 quarts chicken stock
- 2 cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 canned jalapenos or 1 chipotle pepper, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado
- Cut the chicken into large strips.
- Heat the stock in a large saucepan,adding chicken strips and pepper and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes to heat the chicken through and release the flavor of the pepper.
- Cut the avocado in half,remove the pit and peel.
- Slice avocado flesh into neat strips.
- Using a slotted spoon,remove pepper from the stock and discard.
- Pour soup into warm serving bowls,distributing chicken evenly between them.
- Carefully add a few avocado slices to each bowl.
I really, really liked this soup. Granted there aren't a lot of ingredients, and it is so easy, but wow does this pack a taste sensation punch and was so excellent! I am so happy I came upon this, and have followed it exactly, except admit to using several thin slices of onion and sauteed' with the pepper. The wonderful avocado melted into the soup broth, and this was so good. Added a bit of sliced tortilla chips to the top and I was good to go. Thank you for posting this wonderfully, easy taste sensation, mydesgirl! Made for *Belly Warmers Soup and Stews* Photo Forum January 2008.