1/2 Photos of Jalapeno Shrimpers
Jalapeno poppers crossed with shrimp and bacon? YES!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 large shrimp, shelled and cleaned
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 3 ounces monterey jack cheese, cut into 12 sticks (pepper jack can be used if you want spicier)
- 6 slices bacon, cut to make 12 shorter pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 3 -5 cups boiling water
- 2/3 cup ranch dressing (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced cilantro (optional)
- 1Preheat broiler.
- 2Cut the jalapeno peppers in half lengthwise and remove stem and seeds.
- 3Cut each jalapeno piece into 3 long strips.
- 4This should leave you with 12 jalapeno strips.
- 5Cut into the back of each shrimp, without cutting all the way through, so that the shrimp is almost butterflied open.
- 6Cover the jalapenos and shrimp with boiling water in a casserole dish or heat resistant bowl.
- 7Let sit for 60-90 seconds then rince with cold water and pat dry.
- 8Partially cook the bacon, to reduce grease.
- 9Do not cook to crispy, you need to be able to wrap the bacon around the shrimp.
- 10Put a piece of jalapeno in the cut in each shrimp's back.
- 11Place a stick of jack cheese on top of each jalapeno.
- 12Wrap the bacon around each shrimp and secure with a toothpick.
- 13Place the shrimp on a baking sheet.
- 14Mix the salt, paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper and allspice.
- 15Sprinkle a light coating of the spice mixture over the shrimp.
- 16Broil for 4-5 minutes or until the bacon is crispy and the cheese begins to ooze.
- 17If desired, mix cilantro and ranch dressing and serve as a dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno Shrimpers
Serving Size: 1 (1118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.7
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 25.1 mg
- Sodium 342.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 4.3 g