1/6 Photos of Jalapeno & Shrimp Poppers
Just wanting an appetizer and I had these lovely Jalapenos SOooo put on my thinking cap looked in the freezer and came up with this recipe - looks attractive and it really isn't all that spicy, the baking seems to take some of the heat out of the Jalapenos. These may be made ahead but wait to put the crumbs on top until just before baking. Artificial crab works well too. Some like to steam the jalapenos for 5 minutes first but I like to have a little crunch to them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Slice each Jalapeno in half lengthwise and remove the seeds & membrane.
- 3Mix together the chopped shrimp, tartar sauce, garlic & chili flakes.
- 4Divide the mixture between the 8 halves.
- 5Mix the cheese and breadcrunbs together.
- 6Divide crumbs between the jalapenos spread over top and pat down lightly.
- 7Place on a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes then broil for apprx 5 to get the tops lovely and brown- watch you don't burn them
- 8Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno & Shrimp Poppers
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.8
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 19.5 mg
- Sodium 255.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: