Recipe by Bergy
Just wanting an appetizer and I had these lovely Jalapenos SOooo put on my thinking cap looked in the freezer and came up with this recipe - looks attractive and it really isn't all that spicy, the baking seems to take some of the heat out of the Jalapenos. These may be made ahead but wait to put the crumbs on top until just before baking. Artificial crab works well too. Some like to steam the jalapenos for 5 minutes first but I like to have a little crunch to them.
- 4 large jalapeno peppers
- 4 large prawns or 16 small shrimp, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon tartar sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice each Jalapeno in half lengthwise and remove the seeds & membrane.
- Mix together the chopped shrimp, tartar sauce, garlic & chili flakes.
- Divide the mixture between the 8 halves.
- Mix the cheese and breadcrunbs together.
- Divide crumbs between the jalapenos spread over top and pat down lightly.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes then broil for apprx 5 to get the tops lovely and brown- watch you don't burn them
- Serve hot.