Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Just wanting an appetizer and I had these lovely Jalapenos SOooo put on my thinking cap looked in the freezer and came up with this recipe - looks attractive and it really isn't all that spicy, the baking seems to take some of the heat out of the Jalapenos. These may be made ahead but wait to put the crumbs on top until just before baking. Artificial crab works well too. Some like to steam the jalapenos for 5 minutes first but I like to have a little crunch to them.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice each Jalapeno in half lengthwise and remove the seeds & membrane.
- Mix together the chopped shrimp, tartar sauce, garlic & chili flakes.
- Divide the mixture between the 8 halves.
- Mix the cheese and breadcrunbs together.
- Divide crumbs between the jalapenos spread over top and pat down lightly.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes then broil for apprx 5 to get the tops lovely and brown- watch you don't burn them
- Serve hot.
nice like that idea with cream cheese. it was good with Peppers cream cheese bacon.
I used cream cheese and Pepper Jack cheese instead of the tarter sauce because I knew I liked the taste of the poppers with cream cheese. These were to die for! Nice heat and terrific flavor all in a pop in your mouth popper. Delicious appetizer that we will be having again, and next time I will double the recipe, they are SO GOOD! Thanka for sharing Bergy!
Great recipe Bergy! But, I did substitute one thing. Because I do not like tartar sauce, I used an equal amount of softened cream cheese instead. I also had to increase the recipe because my son can eat MANY of these! Easy to prepare,and pretty on the plate.Thanks for a new favorite of ours.