Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Guys LOVE these!!
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg roll wraps (approx 15)
- 2 -3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle sweet and sour sauce, store bought, for dipping
- shortening (for frying) or peanut oil (for frying)
- In a cast iron skillet, deep pot, or deep fryer heat enough shortening or peanut oil for frying.
- Seed and chop jalapeños.
- In a mixing bowl add cream cheese, jalapeños, milk, garlic powder,cheese, salt and white pepper.
- Blend with hand mixer until creamy.
- Dip a pastry brush in water and paint square along the outside of egg roll wrapper.(When it is time to roll the wrapper this will ensure a good seal).
- Place 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture in the wrapper and roll up like an egg roll.
- Gently slip filled egg rolls into hot oil. Turning occasionally until golden.
- Let drain on paper towels or cooling rack.
- Serve with favorite sweet and sour sauce!
These are amazing! A true favorite in our house. My husband says they are close to his favorite food! Thanks for sharing!
Hi! I would just like to say that these little devils were just delicious! My teenage son has found a new favorite! Very simple to make, and they fried up very quickly. Next time I make these I will add some green onion.