1 hr 5 mins
Chef #1135196's Note:
Very savory and creamy potatoes. It's quick and easy, not a lot of ingredients. I wanted to make mashed potatoes and kept digging out new stuff from the fridge that I thought would taste good with potatoes. Impress with these comforting mashed potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 medium size red potatoes, quartered
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 slices bacon, bite size pieces
- 5 -6 roasted garlic cloves, minced (roast in oven on 450 for approx. 30 min.)
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped (seeds and ribs included)
- 1/2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- canola oil
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1Place garlic in foil and wrap tight. Place in 450 degree oven and roast 30 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- 2Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water and liberally add salt. Set heat to high and let potatoes come to a boil for about 15 minutes until fork tender.
- 3Meanwhile, in a medium size pan add chopped bacon and drizzle a tablespoon of canola oil on top to separate bacon. Fry until crisp and remove from pan. Place on paper towel to drain fat.
- 4Turn heat to medium low, add butter and extra virgin olive oil and add the onion. Season with salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic powder. Cook for 7-8 minutes then add the jalapeno and roasted garlic. Cook until onions are sweet, not caramelized. Should only take 15 minutes total. Set aside.
- 5Drain the potatoes and return to pan. Add a little more salt and a generous portion of pepper. Add the butter and warm milk *microwave for 30-45 seconds until warm*. Mash with potato masher.
- 6When the potatoes are smooth add the onion, jalapeno, and garlic mixture. Mix together bacon then add the cheese until melted.
- 7Make any other adjustments with seasonings to your liking!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno & Roasted Garlic Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (671 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1124.2
- Calories from Fat 668
- Total Fat 74.2 g
- Saturated Fat 42.1 g
- Cholesterol 193.5 mg
- Sodium 1069.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 36.6 g