Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a great side dish to serve with Mexican or Southwest meals.
- 2 1⁄4 cups cooked rice, cooled
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped jalapeno peppers, drained
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Mix the rice, sour cream, and jalapenos in a large bowl.
- In a 1 quart casserole dish, layer half of the rice mixture and then half of the cheese.
- Repeat, ending with a layer of cheese.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes; then remove the cover and bake for another 10 minutes.