Recipe by gailanng
Just wonderful on hot dogs and hamburgers. Recipe adapted from The Homesick Texan.
- 12 -15 small jalapenos
- 1 slicing tomatoes
- 1⁄4 yellow onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 2⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Get a large stock pot 2/3 full of water and bring to a boil. Begin sterilizing your jars.
- Using gloves, remove stems and seeds from the jalapenos.
- Slice the tomato and add to the food processor with the jalapenos.
- Roughly chop the quarter of the yellow onion and take the skins off the garlic cloves. Add to food processor along with cumin, cilantro, apple cider vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Process until finely minced. Taste and add more salt if necessary.
- Add relish to hot, sterilized jars and leave 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rims and process in a boiling-water bath for 10 minutes.