1/3 Photos of Jalapeno Relish
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe has been in our family since 1976. It was my dad's recipe given to him by a friend. He won 3rd place at the Southern New Mexico State Fair in 1978. He passed away that month and never knew he won. So you can say this a very special recipe in our family. It is like a canned pico de gallo. You can eat it with tortilla chips or mix in with scrambled eggs or whatever you prefer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop jalapenos, tomatoes and onion.
- 2Mix vegetables together with garlic and oregano. Set aside.
- 3Mix together vinegar and water. Set aside.
- 4Fill jars with vegetable mixture to 1/2 inch from top of jars.
- 5To each jar add 1 tsp each of salt and sugar.
- 6Then add liquid to jars to 1/2 inch from top.
- 7Seal jars and process in water bath for 45 minutes. Start counting when water comes to boil.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno Relish
Serving Size: 1 (3111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.6
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2343.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 3.1 g