Prep 50 mins
Cook 1 hr
These tasty appetizers are great to have any time you have a crowd! You can cut the recipe in half to serve less people, or to have as a snack!
- 6 ounces fresh jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 6 dozen wonton wrappers (72 wrappers)
- 1 egg yolk
- oil, for deep frying
- Chinese mustard (for dipping) or sweet and sour sauce (for dipping) or plum sauce (for dipping)
- Combine jalapenos, cream cheese, onion, garlic powder and soy sauce.
- Place one heaping teaspoon of mixture in the center of each wonton. Use egg yolk to moisten the edges of the wonton wrappers. Fold together, and pinch to seal.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan to 375.
- Fry 5-6 rangoons at a time, for about 3 minutes each batch, until golden.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Serve while hot, dipping in your choice(s) of sauce.
I made these to take to a Canadian long weekend get together, I only wish there was more stars for this recipe, they went like wildfire, the only change I made was I used fresh garlic in place of the powder, fried them the day I made them and transported cooled and they were oven heated at the get together before serving, thanks for all of your wonderful recipes Linda!
I made these for a recent family outing, and they went over really big! What a great blend of flavors going on here! I will make these often, as they are even good frozen then taken out and baked for a snack while watching the boob tube!