My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup raw unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cilantro, packed,rinsed and spun dry
- 1 1/2 cups fresh parsley leaves, packed,rinsed and spun dry (preferably flat-leaf)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 wheat flour tortillas
- 1 cup grated low-fat cheddar cheese or 1 cup nonfat cheddar cheese
- 1 lb grilled chicken, shredded (optional)
- nonstick cooking spray
roasted Red Pepper Cream
- 1Toast pumpkin seeds in a dry skillet over medium-high heat until they pop and jump.
- 2In a food processor, finely mince jalapeno and garlic.
- 3Add toasted pumpkin seeds, cilantro, parsley, salt and olive oil; blend until it reaches the consistency of paste.
- 4Spread 1/4 of the paste on a tortilla.
- 5Sprinkle with 1/4 of the cheese and 1/4 of the chicken, if using.
- 6Cover with another tortilla.
- 7Repeat, using remaining tortillas and fillings.
- 8Spray a griddle or heavy skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat.
- 9Add a quesadilla.
- 10When one side is toasted, about 2 minutes, spray top tortilla with cooking spray and turn.
- 11Continue to cook until the second side is toasted and cheese melts.
- 12Cut in half or quarters.
- 13Serve with Roasted Red Pepper Cream.
- 14Roasted Red Pepper Cream: Blend together in a food processor or blender 1 cup light and firm silken tofu, 1 roasted red bell pepper, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste) and freshly ground black pepper.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno-Pumpkin Seed Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.1
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 5.9 mg
- Sodium 1443.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 13.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
firm silken tofu
roasted red peppers