Jalapeno-Pumpkin Seed Quesadillas
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
- Toast pumpkin seeds in a dry skillet over medium-high heat until they pop and jump.
- In a food processor, finely mince jalapeno and garlic.
- Add toasted pumpkin seeds, cilantro, parsley, salt and olive oil; blend until it reaches the consistency of paste.
- Spread 1/4 of the paste on a tortilla.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 of the cheese and 1/4 of the chicken, if using.
- Cover with another tortilla.
- Repeat, using remaining tortillas and fillings.
- Spray a griddle or heavy skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat.
- Add a quesadilla.
- When one side is toasted, about 2 minutes, spray top tortilla with cooking spray and turn.
- Continue to cook until the second side is toasted and cheese melts.
- Cut in half or quarters.
- Serve with Roasted Red Pepper Cream.
- Roasted Red Pepper Cream: Blend together in a food processor or blender 1 cup light and firm silken tofu, 1 roasted red bell pepper, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste) and freshly ground black pepper.