Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A crispy little twist on the regular jalapeno poppers
- 1 (14 ounce) packagesmall wonton wrappers
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb jalapeno, diced
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 quart oil (for frying)
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet or deep fryer to 360 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, jalapenos, cheese, paprika, salt, and garlic powder.
- Place 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture into the center of each wonton wrapper. Fold the won ton wrapper over the stuffing to make a triangle or a half moon, depending on the shape of the won ton wrappers you have purchased. Moisten the edges with a little water, and seal. Place prepared won tons under a slightly moist paper towel until ready for frying.
- Add 3 or 4 wontons to the hot oil, and cook until golden brown, turning once. Set aside on paper towels to drain. Repeat until all wontons have been fried. Serve hot.