1/1 Photo of Jalapeno Poppers, "Armadillo Eggs" (no stuffing)
Terry Barker's Note:
Got this from yumyum.com. It always gets lots of compliments. Easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice peppers in half lengthwise and scrape out all the seeds (wear gloves).
- 2Shred the cheddar& Monterey Jack cheese.
- 3Try to keep both halves near each other as you have to put them back together later.
- 4Mix bisquick, raw sausage& cheddar cheese.
- 5Stuff each pepper with Monterey Jack cheese and put the halves back together.
- 6Grab a handful of bisquick mixture and mold around pepper in shape of elongated egg.
- 7Use enough to cover pepper well.
- 8Dip armadillo egg in beaten egg and roll in Shake'n Bake.
- 9Bake on broiler pan (can use cookie sheet) at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until crisp.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno Poppers, "Armadillo Eggs" (no stuffing)
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.0
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 40.9 mg
- Sodium 322.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: