Recipe by Terry Barker
Got this from yumyum.com. It always gets lots of compliments. Easy to make.
Top Review by jredheadedwoman3
I made these little jewels and I thought the men were going to fight over them. They went wild. I made them with fresh peppers and used the hot sausage and they were hot but so very good. Thanks so much for posting.
- 1⁄2 lb monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 lb sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 lb hot pork sausage (Jimmy Dean Sausage brand is best)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 egg
- 1 package shake 'n bake pork seasoning
- 20 -30 whole jalapeno peppers (may use fresh, but success reported when using bottled "or" canned)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice peppers in half lengthwise and scrape out all the seeds (wear gloves).
- Shred the cheddar& Monterey Jack cheese.
- Try to keep both halves near each other as you have to put them back together later.
- Mix bisquick, raw sausage& cheddar cheese.
- Stuff each pepper with Monterey Jack cheese and put the halves back together.
- Grab a handful of bisquick mixture and mold around pepper in shape of elongated egg.
- Use enough to cover pepper well.
- Dip armadillo egg in beaten egg and roll in Shake'n Bake.
- Bake on broiler pan (can use cookie sheet) at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until crisp.