Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Got this from yumyum.com. It always gets lots of compliments. Easy to make.
- 1⁄2 lb monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 lb sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 lb hot pork sausage (Jimmy Dean Sausage brand is best)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 egg
- 1 package shake 'n bake pork seasoning
- 20 -30 whole jalapeno peppers (may use fresh, but success reported when using bottled "or" canned)
- Slice peppers in half lengthwise and scrape out all the seeds (wear gloves).
- Shred the cheddar& Monterey Jack cheese.
- Try to keep both halves near each other as you have to put them back together later.
- Mix bisquick, raw sausage& cheddar cheese.
- Stuff each pepper with Monterey Jack cheese and put the halves back together.
- Grab a handful of bisquick mixture and mold around pepper in shape of elongated egg.
- Use enough to cover pepper well.
- Dip armadillo egg in beaten egg and roll in Shake'n Bake.
- Bake on broiler pan (can use cookie sheet) at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until crisp.
I made these little jewels and I thought the men were going to fight over them. They went wild. I made them with fresh peppers and used the hot sausage and they were hot but so very good. Thanks so much for posting.
These were awesome. I've never made anything like this before, and I was very pleased with the taste. For some reason they broke open in the oven, but they were still incredible. Thanks so much for the recipe. I will be making them again. Deb (Newfie Wanna Be)
A friend and I made these yesterday to take to a cook out. I didnt get to eat any but the smell was heavenly. The guys ate most of them while smoking the ribs and ham and brisket. They even sent the kids sneaking into the kitchen to snatch these eggs. We had 1 lb of peppers(fresh) that we seeded out and we had to use an extra packet of the pork seasoning. I think the peppers were bigger than usual. We also used 2 lbs of breakfast sausage. Very yummy I will be making these for our Thanksgiving Dinner at my moms.