Got this from yumyum.com. It always gets lots of compliments. Easy to make.
Make and share this Jalapeno Poppers, "Armadillo Eggs" (no stuffing) recipe from Food.com.
- Slice peppers in half lengthwise and scrape out all the seeds (wear gloves).
- Shred the cheddar& Monterey Jack cheese.
- Try to keep both halves near each other as you have to put them back together later.
- Mix bisquick, raw sausage& cheddar cheese.
- Stuff each pepper with Monterey Jack cheese and put the halves back together.
- Grab a handful of bisquick mixture and mold around pepper in shape of elongated egg.
- Use enough to cover pepper well.
- Dip armadillo egg in beaten egg and roll in Shake'n Bake.
- Bake on broiler pan (can use cookie sheet) at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until crisp.
I made these little jewels and I thought the men were going to fight over them. They went wild. I made them with fresh peppers and used the hot sausage and they were hot but so very good. Thanks so much for posting.
These were awesome. I've never made anything like this before, and I was very pleased with the taste. For some reason they broke open in the oven, but they were still incredible. Thanks so much for the recipe. I will be making them again. Deb (Newfie Wanna Be)
A friend and I made these yesterday to take to a cook out. I didnt get to eat any but the smell was heavenly. The guys ate most of them while smoking the ribs and ham and brisket. They even sent the kids sneaking into the kitchen to snatch these eggs. We had 1 lb of peppers(fresh) that we seeded out and we had to use an extra packet of the pork seasoning. I think the peppers were bigger than usual. We also used 2 lbs of breakfast sausage. Very yummy I will be making these for our Thanksgiving Dinner at my moms.