Got this from yumyum.com. It always gets lots of compliments. Easy to make.
Make and share this Jalapeno Poppers, "Armadillo Eggs" (no stuffing) recipe from Food.com.
- Slice peppers in half lengthwise and scrape out all the seeds (wear gloves).
- Shred the cheddar& Monterey Jack cheese.
- Try to keep both halves near each other as you have to put them back together later.
- Mix bisquick, raw sausage& cheddar cheese.
- Stuff each pepper with Monterey Jack cheese and put the halves back together.
- Grab a handful of bisquick mixture and mold around pepper in shape of elongated egg.
- Use enough to cover pepper well.
- Dip armadillo egg in beaten egg and roll in Shake'n Bake.
- Bake on broiler pan (can use cookie sheet) at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until crisp.