Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits
- 12 ounces jalapeno peppers, seeded and halved
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 quarts oil (for frying)
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, Cheddar cheese and bacon bits.
- Spoon this mixture into the jalapeno pepper halves.
- Put the milk and flour into two separate small bowls.
- Dip the stuffed jalapenos first into the milk then into the flour, making sure they are well coated with each.
- Allow the coated jalapenos to dry for about 10 minutes.
- Dip the jalapenos in milk again and roll them through the breadcrumbs.
- Allow them to dry, then repeat to ensure the entire surface of the jalapeno is coated.
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil to 365 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Deep fry the coated jalapenos 2 to 3 minutes each, until golden brown.
- Remove and let drain on a paper towel.
These poppers were excellent! Thanks for posting this recipe. I added some seeds from the jalapenos to the cheese mixture for that extra kick. MMMM spicy
Excellent recipe the only problem i ran into was the jalapenos i used were overbearing in taste they drowned out the taste of cheese but i roasted the jalapenos and that helped very much! I also substituted the milk for eggs because the bread crums were not sticking. Thank You very much for posting this recipe!
We really liked these. To make them hotter, we incorporated the seeds back into the filling. Thanks for posting!