Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great Spicy Appetizer. Got the recipe from a friend at work and everyone loves them.
Make and share this Jalapeno Poppers recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 6 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- Combine the above ingredients and set aside. Cut Jalapeno peppers lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Fill peppers with mixture and bake at 300 degree (f):.
- 20 minutes for spicy.
- 30 minutes for medium spicy.
- 40 minutes for mild.
- Note: I like to cut and seed the peppers and soak them in cold water in the refrigerator overnight to take out some of the hot.
- Spray pan with Pam.
These are wicked hot and very tasty. A truly great gardener and a wonderful co-worker, Sandra R., gave me a bunch of jalapenos from her garden and I wanted to whip up something special with them. I never would have believed a Maine garden could produce jalapenos with such heat! Lol! Thanks, Country Gal in Texas, for sharing a terrific recipe.
Made for 2013 Zaar Cookbook tag game and what a winner! Made as written and they went down fast with none leftover...a big hit. Thank you for sharing the recipe.
My husband made these. He didn't add the bacon to the mixture but wrapped the jalapenos in bacon. He also used seasoning salt instead of salt and old bay instead of chili powder. I don't like jalapenos so I didn't try these but the rest of the family loved them.