Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great Spicy Appetizer. Got the recipe from a friend at work and everyone loves them.
Make and share this Jalapeno Poppers recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 6 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- Combine the above ingredients and set aside. Cut Jalapeno peppers lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Fill peppers with mixture and bake at 300 degree (f):.
- 20 minutes for spicy.
- 30 minutes for medium spicy.
- 40 minutes for mild.
- Note: I like to cut and seed the peppers and soak them in cold water in the refrigerator overnight to take out some of the hot.
- Spray pan with Pam.
These are wicked hot and very tasty. A truly great gardener and a wonderful co-worker, Sandra R., gave me a bunch of jalapenos from her garden and I wanted to whip up something special with them. I never would have believed a Maine garden could produce jalapenos with such heat! Lol! Thanks, Country Gal in Texas, for sharing a terrific recipe.
I had 10 or so very mild "hot" peppers from the garden and I followed this as written except I used cream cheese that was 1/2 Greek yogurt and 1/2 cream cheese. For my few peppers, I cut the recipe in half. Both my husband and I loved them!! Thanks for sharing...this will be a keeper!
Made for 2013 Zaar Cookbook tag game and what a winner! Made as written and they went down fast with none leftover...a big hit. Thank you for sharing the recipe.