Recipe by ImaDori
Battered and baked poppers. Low in calories, great taste. Terrific for parties.
Top Review by kbiasillo
dredge in flour before you egg dip. this makes the egg stick and then the panko will work great. This is a technique to be used anytime you are wanting to coat something like chicken or pork.
- 2 ounces light cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise
- 8 jalapeno peppers
- 1⁄4 cup fat free egg substitute
- 3⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine cream cheese, shredded cheese and mayo.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove seeds (you might want to wear gloves to do this as the juice and seeds can cause irritation).
- Stuff jalapeno halves with cream cheese mixture.
- Place egg substitute in shallow dish. Place panko in separate shallow dish.
- Dip stuffed jalapeno half in egg substitute and then roll in panko to coat.
- Transfer jalapenos to prepared baking sheet and coat with cooking spray.
- Bake until filling is bubbly, about 30 minutes. Serve Hot.
- Poppers can be prepared a day in advance and placed on a covered baking sheet in the fridge. Cook as directed when ready to eat.