Battered and baked poppers. Low in calories, great taste. Terrific for parties.
Make and share this Jalapeno Poppers recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine cream cheese, shredded cheese and mayo.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove seeds (you might want to wear gloves to do this as the juice and seeds can cause irritation).
- Stuff jalapeno halves with cream cheese mixture.
- Place egg substitute in shallow dish. Place panko in separate shallow dish.
- Dip stuffed jalapeno half in egg substitute and then roll in panko to coat.
- Transfer jalapenos to prepared baking sheet and coat with cooking spray.
- Bake until filling is bubbly, about 30 minutes. Serve Hot.
- Poppers can be prepared a day in advance and placed on a covered baking sheet in the fridge. Cook as directed when ready to eat.