Battered and baked poppers. Low in calories, great taste. Terrific for parties.
Make and share this Jalapeno Poppers recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine cream cheese, shredded cheese and mayo.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove seeds (you might want to wear gloves to do this as the juice and seeds can cause irritation).
- Stuff jalapeno halves with cream cheese mixture.
- Place egg substitute in shallow dish. Place panko in separate shallow dish.
- Dip stuffed jalapeno half in egg substitute and then roll in panko to coat.
- Transfer jalapenos to prepared baking sheet and coat with cooking spray.
- Bake until filling is bubbly, about 30 minutes. Serve Hot.
- Poppers can be prepared a day in advance and placed on a covered baking sheet in the fridge. Cook as directed when ready to eat.
these are very good, weight watchers has a similar recipe too. i used ritz crackers the first time to bread them and bread crumbs the second time, both were very good. i also used egg. instead of regular mayo i used chipotle mayo and sharp cheddar... my husband LOVES them!
Excellent. Loved the panko. I didn't use the egg substitute, but used 1 egg mixed with a little water. Not much of the panko stuck to the outside of the pepper, but did fine on the filling side. I added a little onion powder to the filling which increased the flavor. I baked these closer to 45-50 minutes to get the panko to brown, which made the peppers a little overdone. May increase the cooking temp some next time. Made for New Kids tag game