Recipe by Bergy
These are slightly different than any that are already posted - My friend Ted made them for us and we loved them The recipe is originally from Save-on=Foods
Top Review by Boomette
We loved the taste. But I had a lot of problems with the egg white and breadcrumbs. Maybe I'll try next time with egg yolks like Nimz mentionned. It was very hot and yummy. Thanks Bergy :)
- 10 ml vegetable oil
- 45 ml red onions, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 125 g light cream cheese
- 30 ml parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 ml salt
- black pepper
- 8 jalapeno peppers, cut lengthwise, seeds & membrane removed
- 4 egg whites, whipped until frothy
- 250 ml toasted fine breadcrumbs
- cooking spray
- 125 ml salsa, your choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in fry pan and saute the garlic & onion until soft (5 minutes).
- In a bowl mix the onion/garlic with the creamcheese, parmesan, salt & pepper.
- Stir to blend.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Fill Jalapenos with the cheese mixture.
- Dip Jalapenos in the egg white nd then in the crumbs, coating them well.
- Place cut side up on a baking try, lightly spray with cooking oil.
- Bake 20 minutes or until crisp & golden.
- Spoon a little salsa on each & serve immidiately.