Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Something a little unhealthy, but DANG good!
- 1 (16 ounce) refrigerated square wonton wrappers
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 jalapenos, seeds and ribs removed, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 dash garlic powder
- vegetable oil (for frying, about 1 quart)
- coarse salt
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, jalapenos, cheddar cheese and garlic powder. Arrange wontons in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Add 1 teaspoon of the filling to the center of each wonton (don't overfill them). Dip your fingers in a bowl of water and run your wet fingers around all edges of each wonton. Fold the wontons over the filling, pinching the edges to seal to make a triangle and removing any air bubbles.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Fry wontons in batches in hot oil until browned and crispy, turning once. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with coarse salt. Serve warm.