Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you love jalapeno poppers, then this is one you will have to try!
Top Review by Adaybreak
These jalapeno poppers are awesome. I added some crumbled bacon bits and sprayed each one with olive oil spray and baked them in the oven until golden brown at 350 versus frying them in oil. They turned out great and they were the hit of my party. Thank you for posting this recipe!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (4 ounce) can jalapeno peppers, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 3 green onions, diced
- black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- 1 quart vegetable oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl mix together cream cheese, Monterey jack cheese, jalapeno peppers, garlic and green onions; mix well to combine then season with a little black pepper.
- Fill the wonton wrappers with approximately 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture.
- Fold wrappers into triangles then press with a moistened fork to seal (or seal edges as desired).
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Drop 3-4 wontons in at a time into the oil, and quickly fry, turning once until golden brown.
- Remove to paper towels.