Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you love jalapeno poppers, then this is one you will have to try!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (4 ounce) can jalapeno peppers, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 3 green onions, diced
- black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- 1 quart vegetable oil (for frying)
- In a medium bowl mix together cream cheese, Monterey jack cheese, jalapeno peppers, garlic and green onions; mix well to combine then season with a little black pepper.
- Fill the wonton wrappers with approximately 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture.
- Fold wrappers into triangles then press with a moistened fork to seal (or seal edges as desired).
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Drop 3-4 wontons in at a time into the oil, and quickly fry, turning once until golden brown.
- Remove to paper towels.
These jalapeno poppers are awesome. I added some crumbled bacon bits and sprayed each one with olive oil spray and baked them in the oven until golden brown at 350 versus frying them in oil. They turned out great and they were the hit of my party. Thank you for posting this recipe!
Delicious!!! I added some crumbled bacon to the mix and pipped the mix into mini phyllo cups and baked for 15-20 minutes. They were a hit, no leftovers.
these were a fantastic addition to my super bowl menu! the only change i made was to use puff pastry instead of wontons (i didn't want to be working the deep fryer during my party-plus the smell of the deep fryer can be offensive! so i guess technically they still were jalapeno popper puffs!) this worked out great because i was able to make these up ahead of time and freeze. then time of party all i had to do was brush with a little egg wash and bake!! thanks for a winner reicpe carol! everyone loved these!!