Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A creamy, spicy filled breast. Flash browning on the outside doesn't cook them through. Preheat your oven to finish cooking.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and diced
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs or 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon, and jalapenos in a small bowl; mix well.
- Cut a pocket horizontally through the thickest side of each chicken breast; fill with 1/4 of the cheese mixture. Secure with toothpicks. Tip: If breasts are thick, before slitting, slightly poud the thickest part of the breast side. It, also, makes for a larger pocket. Don't pound too thin.
- Combine Panko bread crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and Parmesan; place on a piece of waxed paper.
- Beat egg and water in a shallow bowl.
- Dip stuffed chicken breast in egg mixture, then into Panko mixture, coating well.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken breasts on both sides until golden; place on a foil lined shallow baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees in a preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
This was so delicious. I prepared it just as written. My husband who is NOT a poultry fan gobbled them up and even had them for leftovers the next day. Surprisingly tasted very much like poppers. A keeper for sure.