A creamy, spicy filled breast. Flash browning on the outside doesn't cook them through. Preheat your oven to finish cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and diced
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs or 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1Combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon, and jalapenos in a small bowl; mix well.
- 2Cut a pocket horizontally through the thickest side of each chicken breast; fill with 1/4 of the cheese mixture. Secure with toothpicks. Tip: If breasts are thick, before slitting, slightly poud the thickest part of the breast side. It, also, makes for a larger pocket. Don't pound too thin.
- 3Combine Panko bread crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and Parmesan; place on a piece of waxed paper.
- 4Beat egg and water in a shallow bowl.
- 5Dip stuffed chicken breast in egg mixture, then into Panko mixture, coating well.
- 6Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken breasts on both sides until golden; place on a foil lined shallow baking sheet.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees in a preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 753.0
- Calories from Fat 444
- Total Fat 49.3 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 240.6 mg
- Sodium 1118.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 50.9 g