Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have made these a few times & always get rave reviews from my husband and friends. Add more jalapenos if you like them super spicy. The sauteeing & the cream cheese tend to mellow the heat of the jalapenos. I leave the seeds & membrane on the jalapeno to maximize on the heat. ENJOY!
- 1 (13 7/8 ounce) package pizza crusts (pillsbury refrigerated)
- 4 slices bacon, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, finely chopped (aprox. 1 small pepper)
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped fine
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup corn chips, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Open the crust. DO NOT UNROLL. Place the pizza dough on a lightly floured cutting board.
- Gently roll the log shape into a thinner cylinder measuring aprox. 11 1/2 inches.
- Using a sawing motion, cut the dough into 24 pieces.
- Place on a baking pan; press the dough pieces slightly (helps prevent them from rising too much).
- Bake 11-13 minutes until golden brown.
- Fry the bacon & remove once cooked.
- Using 1 tsp bacon drippings, saute the red pepper & jalapenos until tender.
- Combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, sauteed peppers & bacon; mix well.
- Divide evenly over the crusts.
- Combine remaining cheese w/ corn chips.
- Sprinkle on top.
- Bake 4-6 minutes until cheese is melted.
These are DELICIOUS. I make them all the time and they get eaten up so fast! I always use the thin crust pizza dough, and that way you don't need to stretch it out.. just cut and go. Also, I think it's plenty spicy with just one jalapeno.
the first time i made these they were amazing the only thing i thought they could use was more jalapenos