1/1 Photo of Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese
The grilled cheese journey continues and this time I have that is delicious and packs a little kick. I always eye Jalapeno Poppers when I look at the appetizer menu, so this grilled cheese turns my appetizer craving into a delicious sandwich. The combination of the cream cheese and the Colby jack make a smooth and flavorful grilled cheese. You could always make this one without grilling the pepper but you will have a crunch to your sandwich because the pepper will not cook all the way through.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the peppers on a baking sheet with the cut side facing down.
- 2Place the baking sheet on the top shelf in the oven and broil until the outer layer of the skin has blackened, about 8-14 minutes.
- 3Place the peppers in a zip-lock bag or other seal-able container, seal and let them cool until you can handle them, about 20 minutes.
- 4Remove the skins from the peppers. The skins should easily "pinch" off.
- 5Butter the outside of each slice of bread and spread the cream cheese on the inside. Sprinkle half of the cheese on the cream cheese of one slice of bread, top with the jalapenos, crumbled tortilla chips, the remaining cheese and finally the other slice of bread.
- 6Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- 7Add the sandwich and grill until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 795.8
- Calories from Fat 371
- Total Fat 41.2 g
- Saturated Fat 24.2 g
- Cholesterol 112.2 mg
- Sodium 1158.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 30.9 g