Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
The grilled cheese journey continues and this time I have that is delicious and packs a little kick. I always eye Jalapeno Poppers when I look at the appetizer menu, so this grilled cheese turns my appetizer craving into a delicious sandwich. The combination of the cream cheese and the Colby jack make a smooth and flavorful grilled cheese. You could always make this one without grilling the pepper but you will have a crunch to your sandwich because the pepper will not cook all the way through.
- Place the peppers on a baking sheet with the cut side facing down.
- Place the baking sheet on the top shelf in the oven and broil until the outer layer of the skin has blackened, about 8-14 minutes.
- Place the peppers in a zip-lock bag or other seal-able container, seal and let them cool until you can handle them, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the skins from the peppers. The skins should easily "pinch" off.
- Butter the outside of each slice of bread and spread the cream cheese on the inside. Sprinkle half of the cheese on the cream cheese of one slice of bread, top with the jalapenos, crumbled tortilla chips, the remaining cheese and finally the other slice of bread.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add the sandwich and grill until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.