Recipe by redz
This is a recipe that was posted by Denise Ramsey on allrecipes.com. I tweaked it a bit. Can be served with tortilla scoops or anything you prefer. Enjoy!
Top Review by rlwelch1
This recipe is a winner. A huge hit. I did double the jalapeno peppers and mixed 1 1/2 cups of Monterrey/Colby cheese blend into the cream cheese/mayo and peppers mixture. Topped with another cup of the Mon/Colby blend (I LOVE cheese) and Panko breadcrumbs, sprayed the breadcrumbs with Pam and baked @ 375 for about 30 minutes. Easy and you can use whatever cheese you like best and it taste great.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 2 ounces jalapeno peppers, in a can and drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together cream cheese and mayonnaise in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in green chiles and jalapeno peppers.
- Pour mixture into a microwave safe serving dish, and sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bread crumbs.
- Spray a couple of sprays of PAM oil spray to help with crispness.
- Microwave on High until hot, about 3 minutes.
- NOTE: Can also be baked in the oven at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.