Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is a recipe that was posted by Denise Ramsey on allrecipes.com. I tweaked it a bit. Can be served with tortilla scoops or anything you prefer. Enjoy!
- Stir together cream cheese and mayonnaise in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in green chiles and jalapeno peppers.
- Pour mixture into a microwave safe serving dish, and sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bread crumbs.
- Spray a couple of sprays of PAM oil spray to help with crispness.
- Microwave on High until hot, about 3 minutes.
- NOTE: Can also be baked in the oven at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
This recipe is a winner. A huge hit. I did double the jalapeno peppers and mixed 1 1/2 cups of Monterrey/Colby cheese blend into the cream cheese/mayo and peppers mixture. Topped with another cup of the Mon/Colby blend (I LOVE cheese) and Panko breadcrumbs, sprayed the breadcrumbs with Pam and baked @ 375 for about 30 minutes. Easy and you can use whatever cheese you like best and it taste great.
I can't believe I have never reviewed this, my deepest apologies! This is my go to recipe! People always request it from me. The only thing I do different is add a bit of freshly chopped Jalapeno to the dish to add some crunch. I slice that jalapeno in half and stick it on top so people know what is in it.
Thank you so much for a great recipe!
A-mazing. I used two fresh seeded jalapenos instead of the pickled jalapenos. It was not too spicy.. 3 would have been nice. Also used panko instead of bread crumbs.