Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A quick dip to satisfy your craving for poppers if you don't have time for the real thing. I used home grown pickled jalapenos and use much more than this calls for, but we like things hot! Experiment with adding bacon if you like. Serve with any kind of chip or cracker you prefer!
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces canned chilies
- 4 ounces canned jalapenos
- Stir softened cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour into a microwave safe dish and heat until hot - approximately 5 minutes depending on your microwave.
I was short on time for making poppers so I went looking for a dip recipe. This was the only one that called for sour cream instead of mayo, which I did not have on hand. My recipe turned out quite different but this was a great starting place.
I boiled my fresh whole jalapenos (about 20) until soft then finely diced them before adding them to the cheese mixture. I used all Mexican blend cheese instead of those listed in the recipe. Added a little salt, worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder. Fresh garlic, diced onion and bacon would be a great addition too. Topped with bread crumbs and baked until bubbly.
This was way easier than stuffing and baking peppers IMO and quite tasty too.