Timothy J Higgins Eva's Note:
It's excellent served with a ranch dressing or sour cream. For an added kick add some chipotle peppers in adobo to the ranch dressing and combine in a blender! By coating the poppers with flour and then deep frying them you will get a great crust on the peppers and the melted cheeses will also stay inside the shell. Feel free to use different types of shredded cheeses or alter the spices in the stuffing. You can also use fine corn meal or rice flour to create a crust with a different texture
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry the bacon in a saute pan until crispy. Let cool slightly and then crumble.
- 2Mix the cream cheese, shredded cheese, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and crumbled bacon in a bowl. This mixture will act as the stuffing for the deep fried jalapeno poppers.
- 3Cut the stem off of each jalapeno, cut them in half lengthwise, and remove the seeds.
- 4Take about a tablespoon or two of the jalapeno popper stuffing mixture and fill each jalapeno half.
- 5Working on one jalapeno pepper at a time, briefly dip the pepper into the milk and then roll it in the flour to coat. Set aside and repeat with all the jalapeno poppers. When deep fried the flour will form the crispy outside that mark many jalapeno poppers.
- 6Once you have completed step 6 for each pepper repeat it again, starting with the driest peppers.
- 7In a dutch oven, large pot, or deep fryer heat the oil to around 365 degrees.
- 8Carefully place several of the jalapeno poppers into the oil, being sure not to over-crowd it. Let the peppers cook until the outside is a golden brown, normally about 3 minutes. Remove with a strainer or slotted spoon and let dry on a wire rack.
- 9Serve the jalapeno poppers with ranch dressing or sour cream.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno Popper Deep Fried
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 419.7
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 77.9 mg
- Sodium 591.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 14.5 g