Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this online; you can make the filling ahead of time and refrigerate covered until ready to fill the phyllo cups.
- 15 frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 113.39 g cream cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 14.79 ml hot pepper sauce
- bacon bits
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place phyllo cups onto a baking sheet.
- Stir together cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, jalapenos, and hot sauce in a bowl.
- Spoon mixture into phyllo cups.
- Sprinkle bacon bits on top.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
My family loved these. I have to admit that I didn't even try these because I can't handle spicy things. I made the recipe as written other then I used cheddar jack cheese as that is what I had. I also used jarred Jalapeno's.
Great party food! I could not find the phyllo tart shells so I made my own by cutting up phyllo dough (used four sheets) into small squares and placing them in a miniature muffin pan. They turned out delicious; although, not as attractive as they would have been with the store-bought cups. I will definitely make these again! Thanks for the post. Made for the Everyday is a Holiday tag.
I'm only rating the filling because I used flour tortillas to make the cups instead of phyllo dough. It was good, but too hot. I did have extra large jalapenos, but I really think the heat came from the hot sauce (it had that distinctive hot-sauce flavor.) I recommend going to about 1/2 the amount of hot sauce regarless of the amount of jalapeno. I used a fairly mild kind too - Cholula. Maybe the recipe should have said "hot salsa?" It wasn't too hot for me, but it was for my guests.